This church was established in 1785. It started out as Keowee River Baptist Church. It was a member of Bethel Association from 1793-1805: Saluda Association 1806-1828, Twelve Mile River Association from 1828 to present. In 1815, Daniel Alexander gave 2 acres of land to Keowee (where church presently stands). Presently the church property is 71/2 acres. 1882, minutes say they met for the purpose of erecting a new church. From 1892-1896 there was discussion for a new church. In 1908, $150.00 was paid to complete new church. 1911, pillowed the church with brick. October 1953, work began to remove dirt for the basement Sunday School rooms. Up until then, church was divided with curtains for different Sunday School classes. In 1956, gas heat was added and July 1957, work began on bricking the church and was completed in August that year. Also, new windows were installed. 1993 septic tank system installed in fellowship hall and new wiring and lights were installed; handicap ramp installed to church. 1995, church voted to remodel sanctuary and add bathrooms, baptistry, office, 7 new classrooms. New wiring, new lights, sound system, choir and pulpit was added, new furniture, piano and organ was installed. 1998 paved parking lot area. 2001 built new picnic shelter. 2002 remodeled fellowship hall by doubling the size-added new lighting, bathrooms, new kitchen area, new tables and chairs, and installed new heating and air to church sanctuary and fellowship hall. 2006, doubled the size of sanctuary, added 6 new classrooms, and extended parking lot.